Thursday, March 28, 2013

Backyard Garden - Month 2

Things are growing quickly around here so I want to try to keep track of it for once! Despite some crazy cold snaps at the end of March, things are looking good. The scarlet runner beans my daughter planted finally came up (after taking between 1-2 weeks for most to break ground!) and my spinach and lettuce seedlings have sprouted, and the cucumber seeds are now planted. Here's some pics of the garden 1 month ago:



And now. . .

The tomatoes are almost 2 feet high at this point!


Above are some spinach seedlings - hopefully I'll be able to get something out of them before it gets too hot!


Tomatillo flowers


Scarlet runner beans


Sunflowers in the upper right hand side



Pepper plants


Two of my blackberry plants have finally started to leaf out


Some of the others are coming up from the ground

We'll see what the next month brings!!



No comments:

Post a Comment